Professor Sidi Osho is the Pioneer & Past Vice Chancellor, Afe Babalola University, and the President/Founder of Sidi Osho Foundation, Nigeria.
An award winning, outstanding and hardworking Agriculture and Higher Education Expert that is action and result oriented; highly productive academic, with leadership qualities managing multi-disciplinary projects. With over 35 years’ experience in administration, strategic planning, International and Private Sector Partnerships. An International Scientist that graduated from Michigan State and Ohio State University in USA worked with the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), and in several African countries in the area of Agriculture.
Prof Sidi Osho has strong interpersonal skills successfully demonstrated in both national and international assignments. She has travelled widely in Africa and all over the World while managing research projects for International Development Research Center, Canada (IDRC). United Nation Children Education Fund, (UNICEF), World Bank and UNDP.
Prof Sidi Osho was appointed as the Pioneer Vice Chancellor of Afe Babalola University in January 2010. She brought a wealth of experience in administration, strategic planning, International and Private Sector Partnerships, teaching, research, food security and development to the Institution which brought it to the World Class level in a period of 4 years.
Prof Sidi Osho developed several food processing equipment’s for crops and conducted National and International trainings all over the world and collaborates with many scientists in Nigeria, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Togo, Republic of Benin, Senegal, Madagascar in the area of Agriculture , Food Science, Food Systems, education and recently Tourism and Hospitality Management.
She is a member of over 17 professional societies that include both National and International societies. She has attended over 100 conferences all over the world presenting conference papers in Higher Education, post-harvest, food processing, Nutrition, Agriculture, Hospitality &Tourism.
She has over 160 publications, some of which are published in learned journal proceedings, monographs, books chapters, training manual etc.
Prof Sidi Osho has become involved in several initiates to improve quality of lives of people and communities and our Africa; thus the founding of Sidi Osho Foundation (SOF). www.sidioshofoundation.org
SOF’s mission is to contribute to the growth of human development and alleviating poverty in Africa development initiatives which include; Education, Entrepreneurship, Food Security, Leadership and Governance, Health, Sustainable development and most importantly, Youth, Gender and Women Empowerment.
A member of several professional societies has impacted many lives and communities in her career path and has received many awards some of which include:
- TOYP (Top outstanding Young Persons of the World) (1997).
- Best Female Scientist; College of Agriculture Olabisi Onabanjo University, (OOU) 2006
- Award for promoting the Concept of Safe Campus, Association of Heads of Security of Tertiary Institutions, 11th May 2011
- Distinguished Award for Outstanding Contributions to Advancement, service to Humanity and Role Model for the Girl Child 20th October 2011. Center for Grass root women Advancement and Development and International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA).
- Golden Award Children – In – Science and Technology CIST Ghana 2011, for Out Standing support towards popularization of Science & Technology among Children; 15th November 2011.
- Best Vice Chancellor of the Year, Nigeria, Oct 2014, by Association of Vice Chancellors.
- Award of the African Woman Hall of Fame Commemorating the UN International Women’s Day by the Nigerian Presidency and African Female & Youth Students Initiative, 8th March 2015.
Prof Sidi Osho is happily married with children.
(Arc.) Dipo Ajayi is President of Axial Group Limited. He is also the CEO /MD of other subsidiaries which include:
- Spatial Design
- Axial Construction and Development
- BVER Procurement and Investment
He is a well accomplished and reputable Architect who has acquired over 30 years’ experience in building and architecture. He obtained his First Degree in Architecture (University of Ile – Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University) in 1982 and obtained his M.Sc. in Architecture (University of Ile- Ife) in 1984.
The combination of his strategic thinking and ability has put the Company on the fore front of construction of both residential and non-residential for various government and individuals. He is responsible for articulation and direction of the company operational and financial activities to achieve corporate goals.
He has also supervised various massive projects to meet tight schedules within project budget as well. His experience has earned him the following Milestones: Governing Council Member, Afe Babalola University, Ado – Ekiti, Governing Council Member 2010 till date, Henry Alex Duduyemi Memorial College, Ife – Ife, Member 2004 till date, Economic Adviser to Ekiti State Government 2006 till date, Chairman, Anchorage Community Bank Limited, 2005 till date among others. He also served meritoriously with Lagos State Development and Property Corporation (LSDPC) where he rose to the position of Principal Architect, before he left the service. He is also currently the Vice President of ARCON (Architect Registration Council of Nigeria). He is happily married with children.
Sir Arc Dipo Ajayi is the Board Chairman of SOF.
YEMISI OSENAT IBRAHIM (MRS)
She is the CEO/ MD of Progress Trades Limited is a company that was incorporated to carry out a wide range of activities including but not limited to importation and supply of various types of fast moving consumer goods, as well as all types of doors and door handles. Progress Trades Limited has been responsible for supplying many blue chip companies such as Nestle, Cadbury, UAC and AJ Stewards with raw materials required for production of their goods.
Mrs Yemisi Ibrahim is an outstanding high quality service provider combined with competence and professionalism. She attended Ohio State University, U.S.A where she received a MSc degree (MPA) in Public Administration in 1983. She also attended Michigan State University, USA where she graduated with a BSc 1992 Agricultural Economics in 1992. Her secondary school education was at St. Teresa’s College, Ibadan from 1973-1978.
Mrs Ibrahim is a Business woman with a wide range of working experiences which include:
- Head, Customer service and Marketing, Fidelity Union Merchant Bank Limited, Lagos. September 1988-September 1989.
- Head of Personnel, Administration and Customer Service, General Shipping Line Apapa, Lagos. September 1987-September 1988
After graduation from the university she served National Youth Service (NYSC)-February 1984-February 1985 in NISER- Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research where she worked as as a Research Assistance and was responsible for development of marketing strategies of agricultural products. She has travelled widely within Africa, Europe USA and China; attending workshops and trading internationally in providing building solutions in the Infrastructural Sector in Nigeria. He company specialises in producing Door Locks sales in Africa in partnership with Manital Maniglie Italiane Italy.
Mrs Ibrahim is involved in some professional activities which include
- January 1998: Impact of Structural Adjustment Program on the Nigeria Economy. Organized by the Economic Research Services, USDA, in collaboration with NISER
- August 1996: Trades Globalization, organized by the US Embassy, Sheraton Lagos.
- April 1994: Organized Women in Business Workshop by NAWEA- Nigerian Association of Women Enterprises.
- March 1993: Business Advisory Services Investment Analysis organized by Financial Institutions Training Center (FITC), Lagos.
- April 1993: Retrieving of Bank loans organized by Central Bank of Nigeria.
- February 1992: Marketing of Financial Services, organized by Financial Institution Training Center (FITC), Lagos.
Mrs Ibrahim is a member of several professional associations which include
- Member of Old Students Association of St. Teresa’s College, Ibadan, Lagos Branch.
- Alumni of Michigan State University. Alumni of Ohio State University.
- Member of Soroptomist International of Great Britain.
- Member of Nigerian Association of Women Enterprises (NAWE).
Mrs Yemis Ibrahim is Director Finance & Cooperatives in SOF.
Mrs Yinka Olaniyan
Mrs Yinka Olaniyan is the Principal Consultant and CEO of ServicePRO Consult Limited, a Business Solutions Consultancy firm focused on the key elements, issues and critical success factors that affect the growth and profitability of a business concern.
She is a Professional with about 20 years Cross-functional experience in the Telecommunication Industry starting her career in iTECO Limited, a Division of Telnet Network.
Thereafter, she worked with Gateway Communications, a British owned company, now part of PCCW Global International based in Hong Kong.
More recently, she worked at Vodacom Business in Nigeria, a subsidiary of the Vodacom South Africa and Vodafone United Kingdom.
Vodacom Business Nigeria is the largest, most advanced pan-African connectivity provider.
While at Vodacom Nigeria, She was the Head of the Banking/Financial sector and solely responsible for the management of this business.
Mrs Olaniyan is a visionary leader who can inspire others to achieve success and is passionate about socio-economic development with a deep commitment to developing people and enabling them to reach their full potential.
She holds a Combined Honors degree in Computer Science and Economics from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. Also, she has attended several Courses, Seminars and Workshops both within Nigeria and Abroad during her Career.
She is a Member of several professional Associations.
Mrs Yinka Olaniyan is the Director Strategy and Projects in SOF .
Dr Adedayo Amdala Okusanya
Dr Dayo Okusanya is a Medical Consultant in the health sector. She is an Entrepreneur and the CEO MustHave Ltd. The company specializes in personalized towels and bed sheets and other home accessories.
Dr Okusanya has a MSc Public Health with the university of Liverpool Uk. A graduate of Schol of Dentistry University of Ibadan with a BSc in Dental Surgery in 1999. She served National Youth Service Corp between 2001-2002.
Dr Okuanya has worked as a consultant for various National and International Health Organizations which include:
- Truest One Consulting administrative officer (Health Consultants) from March 2008 to date.
- Consultant to National Agency for the Control of Aids. Developed the framework for action 2005 – 2009 (Nasarawa & Plateau States).
- Involved with the Joint Mid-Term Review of the HIV/AIDS National Strategic National Aids & STIS control programme (NASCP) as a volunteer for Federal Ministry of Health
- Involved in the World Bank Project – a National Action Commiitee on Aids Consultancy- Assessment of Civil Society Activities under the Social Sciences and Reproductive Health Research Network Ibadan -program assistant
- Was on the dental surgeon (medical team) volunteer in the 8th all African Games (COJA)
- Served NYSC in National Assembly Clinic as a Dental Surgeon
- Served university as a dental surgeon (1999-2000) in Lagos Teaching Hospital.
Dr Okusanya has traveled widely both locally and Internationally attening conferences and workshops. Some of the workshops include:
- World Bank Institute- Health Economics May 2008
- Nigerian HIV / AIDS Summit April 2007
- International Conference on AIDS & STIS in Africa (ICASA) Dec 2005
Dr Dayo Okusanya is the Director of Compliance and Logistics in SOF
Dr. Ishiyaku Mohammed is the Center Director at the Center for Policy Research and Development Solutions, a multidisciplinary development think-tank. He was until December, 2011, the Head of the Conditional Grants Scheme for the Federal Government of Nigeria. In this role, he guided the investments of over $200m nationwide annually for intervention in primary healthcare, and water and sanitation.
In that role, Dr Mohammed led a new initiative to scale-up grants to 113 Local Governments which has been acknowledged as “the largest scale-up of the MDGs in the world” by Professor Jeffrey Sachs and seeks to improve the lives of over 20 million of Nigeria’s poorest people. Previously, he had assisted in the introduction of a virtual poverty fund dedicating some $750m annually to pro-poor investments, and assisted in the design of a ground-breaking monitoring & evaluation framework.
A veterinarian by profession, he has helped guide agricultural research and planning in Nigeria for over a decade. He was previously the Centre Director of the Doma Educational Development Foundation. In 2010, Dr Mohammed was chosen as one of Africa’s emerging leaders by the African Leadership Institute West Africa (ALIWA) which is part of the Aspen Global Leadership initiative.
Dr. Ishiyaku Mohammed is Director of Research in SOF.
Engineer Segun Osho an Petroleum Engineer who has vast knowledge of production of hydro carbons, which can be either crude oil or natural gas. He worked as an Intern at Pan Ocean Oil Corporation (Nigeria) Ltd, Lagos State (Jan –September 2014). He was responsible for the following:
- Field Experience at a Rig in Benin
- Field Experience at a Gas and Processing Plant in Benin
- Documentation and Reporting of Data from Rig
- Marketing Operations & Presentations
- General Office Duties & Presentations
He severed National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in November 2015 in School of Science, National Open University of Nigeria University, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Eng Segun Osho works with SOF to date as a Volunteer – Program Manager where he performs the following roles:
- Oversee the heads of each department within the foundation, including marketing, fundraising, program development, HR management and accounting
- Leading the fundraising department in setting annual income goals and work with program development managers to set standards for serving the organizations targeted needs.
He is also responsible for the SEEEED (Skills, Entrepreneurship, Empowerment, Employability, and Education development) project in SOF
Eng Segun Osho is a graduate of Afe Babalola University Ado Ekiti, Nigeria . He attended the institution from 2010- 2015 and graduated with B. Eng Petroleum Engineering.
His early education is as follows:
- Secondary School – 2006- 2009 -Lead City High School SS1- SS3.
- Secondary School- 2003- 2006- International School Ibadan JS1 – JS3
- Primary School- 1998- 2003- All Saints Church School, Jericho Ibadan. Nigeria.
Eng Segun Osho is the Director of Programs in SOF.